Jay Inslee's plan to raid pensions for venture capital.
Announcing his campaign for Governor, Jay Inslee made just one concrete proposal: He would divert millions of dollars from public employee pensions to in-state venture capital.
Inslee's plan has already failed in
This has been tried in California and Kansas, costing them hundreds of millions of dollars. That's why it's illegal in Washington State.
Our pension system is already underfunded. When pension systems fail, workers lose benefits, Tax payers are forced to make up the difference - or both.
THE PUBLIC TAKES THE RISKS AND the powerful TAKE THE PROFITS.
The most shocking detail in Inslee's plan is who benefits. Inslee demands that the money go to companies that he thinks are worthy, companies that he admits are all-too-often located in his own Congressional District.
A real record of defending
The Mainstream Republicans of Washington have a long history of supporting public employees. Mainstream Chairman Sid Morrision proposed Washington's first Collective Bargaining bill. Four members of the Federation of State Employees and one former leader of the WEA serve on Mainstream's board. The Executive Director was a member of the WFSE.
Mainstream, much like Attorney General Rob McKenna, has a long history of commonsense leadership, bi-partisan cooperation and a commitment to good government. We're proud of our record, a record that not only includes protecting public employees but also supporting our public schools, preserving our natural environment and defending a woman's right to choose.
Inslee did vote for Collective Bargaining on HR980 in 2007… a bill sponsored by Michele Bachman.
- NO RECORD -
- 01.State Board Wary of Inslee's pension Idea
- 02.Inslee's pension fund as startup seed $ idea rapped
- 03.Inslee Proposal Puts Him at Odds With Pensioners, Investment Board
- 04.Seed and Venture Capital: State Experiences and Options
- 05.Securing Tomorrows Pensions Today
- 06.Underfunded Teacher Pension Plans: It's Worse Than You Think
- 07.State Treasurer James McIntire Releases Report on Pension Funding
- 08.Public Pension Funding in the State of Washington
- 09.State Board Wary of Inslee's pension Idea
- 10.Jay Inslee Quotes
- 11.Inslee's pension fund as startup seed $ idea rapped
- 12.Washington state should not risk pension funds for startups
- 13.Inslee Proposal Puts Him at Odds With Pensioners, Investment Board